An outside look on the role of media and new technology in journalism. The transformation of traditional journalism magic makes it more magical now — if people read what you write and think about it amidst the bombardment of new media and technology, the magic is still there.
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
- RT @juliebosman: Every time O.J. is in the news, I'm reminded of the totally bonkers lede on the NYT story when he was acquitted in 1995 ht… 3 hours ago
- ha twitter.com/ralstonreports… 6 hours ago
- RT @nytmedia: Facebook is aiming to improve its fraught relationship with news publishers. nyti.ms/2ubRNNQ 7 hours ago
- Facebook’s move may be an effort to appease publishers as it deals with other issues. w/ @MikeIsaac nyti.ms/2vE3XyN 20 hours ago
- this is a pretty good question. twitter.com/jdawsey1/statu… 20 hours ago