Media stocks had a strong trading day yesterday, buoyed by, you got it, newspaper groups. Both The Australian and The Wall Street Journal reported second-quarter earnings that slightly reversed depressingly colossal losses of late. I won’t tell anyone that budget and staff cuts were largely responsible for the gains, and advertising revenue continued to decline if you don’t.
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.