The New York Times Company followed the latest trend in the newspaper company industry, as drastic cost-cutting led to a second-quarter profit despite decreased ad revenue. Profits are good, but with staff layoffs (and unhappy journalists without benefits and vacations), quality articles could disappear even before print. Maybe send some reporters to exotic locations for a travel story?
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.