The New York Times Company followed the latest trend in the newspaper company industry, as drastic cost-cutting led to a second-quarter profit despite decreased ad revenue. Profits are good, but with staff layoffs (and unhappy journalists without benefits and vacations), quality articles could disappear even before print. Maybe send some reporters to exotic locations for a travel story?
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
- Norman Pearlstine Named Editor of The Los Angeles Times nyti.ms/2MDuyoD?smid=n… 12 hours ago
- RT @EnnisNYT: Patrick Soon-Shiong takes over as owner of The LA Times today. In April, @tarangoNYT & @melbournecoal talked to him about his… 17 hours ago
- RT @migold: For Father's Day, I wrote a very personal essay about my dad, his death, and the things he never taught me. https://t.co/XHuUcK… 1 day ago
- RT @tripgabriel: It was Stephen Miller who pushed the Trump admin to use the ‘nuclear option’ of separating children from parents at the bo… 1 day ago
- RT @jmartNYT: Most know that Va Republicans nominated a Trump mimic for the Senate. But what’s remarkable is that Stewart all but admits… 1 day ago