Among Sundance flicks released this weekend, “Page One” debuted at number one, eking out a win over “Buck” and trumping Fox Searchlight’s “The Art of Getting By.” According to indieWire, “Page One” took in $33,000 on two screens in New York, for an average of $16,500, while “Buck” claimed $64,400 on four screens, averaging $16,100. “The Art of Getting By,” however, did not do so well, taking in $700,000 on 610 screens for a paltry average of $1,148.
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.