LedeObserver is a weblog covering the disappearing medium that is print journalism and the new media that’s leaving newspapers in the dust. It’s snarky commentary doled out by Sydney Ember, a Brown University student, a news junkie and a “journalist,” whatever that means now.
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
- Russian spies hacked the Olympics and tried to make it look like North Korea did it, U.S. officials say washingtonpost.com/world/national… 45 minutes ago
- RT @adamgoldmanNYT: Breaking: here is complete transcript of FBI tip that was fumbled. static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/2… 1 day ago
- RT @JamesQueallyLAT: Latest on Harvard-Westlake w/ @lacrimes: Campus closed after troubling message, picture of gun, posted on ex-NFL playe… 1 day ago
- RT @BrownUAdmission: Applicants to Brown: Expect a socially conscious, intellectually independent campus where freedom of expression is fun… 1 day ago
- Harvard-Westlake closes both campuses after Instagram post that showed gun, referenced bullying dailynews.com/2018/02/23/har… 2 days ago