LedeObserver is a weblog covering the disappearing medium that is print journalism and the new media that’s leaving newspapers in the dust. It’s snarky commentary doled out by Sydney Ember, a Brown University student, a news junkie and a “journalist,” whatever that means now.
- The Fold: News of the World
- The Fold: U.S. newspapers that stopped printing in June
- Twitter launches guide for journos
- Gannett layoffs hit nationwide
- Gannett to axe 700 jobs
- HuffPo pay wall a possibility
- McClatchy revenue still falling, just more slowly
- Finding a way to save local news, but is it by plagiarizing?
- Monday jolt: NY Times limits length of comments
- Maybe not in reading, but people still interested in newspapers
- “Without our hospital, I’d probably be working at McDonald’s." Must-read from @PatcohenNYT nyti.ms/2kUpv9B 1 day ago
- RT @HirokoTabuchi: Journalist who led the Panama Papers investigation into corruption in Malta was killed on Monday in a car bomb https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @JaxAlemany: Trump calls allegations of sexual harassment made against him "fake news" 1 day ago
- RT @JakeLahut: Macron to rescind Weinstein's French legion of honor recognition twitter.com/emmanuelmacron… 1 day ago
- RT @emilysteel: Investment group calls for overhaul of 21st Century Fox board in the wake of the Fox News sexual harassment scandal https:/… 4 days ago